Part A:
Hello, West Bay Hotel.
你好,西湾酒店。
Can I help you?
有什么可以帮助你的吗?
Oh, good morning.
哦,早上好。
I'm ringing about your advertisement in the Evening Gazette.
我打电话来是因为对你们在Evening Gazette上登的广告感兴趣。
Is that the one for temporary staff?
是招聘临时工的广告吗?
That's right.
是的。
Yes.
好的。
I'm afraid the person who's dealing with that isn't in today, but I can give you the main details if you like.
但抱歉的是处理这件事的人今天不在,如果可以的话我也可以告诉你一些主要细节。
Yes please.
好的,麻烦了。
Could you tell me what kind of staff you're looking for?
你能告诉我具体是什么工作吗?
We're looking for waiters at the moment.
我们正在找服务员。
There was one post for a cook, but that's already been taken.
有一个厨师的职位,但是已经招到人了。
Oh right.
哦好。
Erm, what are the hours of work?
嗯,那工作时间是怎样的?
There are two different shifts-there's a day shift from 7 to 2 and a late shift from 4 till 11.
有两种不同的班次,日班是7点到2点,晚班是4点到11点。
And can people choose which one they want to do?
可以自己选择做哪个班吗?
Not normally, because everyone would choose the day shift I suppose.
通常不会,我想是因为每个人都会选择白班。
You alternate from one week to another.
所以是一个礼拜白班一个礼拜晚班。
Okay.
好的
I'm...I'm just writing all this down.
我现在正在把这些都写下来。
What about time off?
那休息日是怎样的?
You get one day off and I think you can negotiate which one you want, it's more or less up to you. But it has to be the same one every week.
你有一天休息,我想你可以去谈一下具体哪天要休息,都是你的自由。但有一点,休息日必须是每个礼拜的同一天。
Do you know what the rates of pay are?
那你知道薪资是多少吗?
Yes, I've got them here.
是的,我知道。
You get £5.50 an hour, and that includes a break.
时薪£5.50.包括休息。
Do I have to go home to eat or...
我要回家吃饭还是…
You don't have to.
你不需要回家吃饭。
You can get a meal in the hotel if you want to, and there's no charge for it so you might as well.
如果你愿意的话可以在酒店吃饭,而且是免费的,何乐不为呢。
Oh good.
哦,好的。
Yes, so let's see.
我看看哦。
I'd get...er, two hundred and twenty one, no, two hundred and thirty one pounds a week?
所以我每周薪水是两百二十,两百三十英镑,对吧?
You'd also get tips-our guests tend to be quite generous.
你还会有小费一我们的客人都比较慷慨。
Part B:
Erm, is there a uniform?
嗯,有没有统一的制服呢?
What about clothes?
衣服方面的要求?
Yes, I forgot to mention that.
是的,我忘了提了。
You need to wear a white shirt, just a plain one, and dark trousers.
你要穿白衬衫,普通的就好,还有一条黑色的裤子。
You know, not green or anything like that.
你知道的,不是绿色或者很亮的颜色。
And we don't supply those.
我们不提供这样的衣服。
That's okay, I've got trousers, I'd just have to buy a couple of shirts.
好吧,我有裤子了,我只需要再买几件衬衫。
What about anything else?
还要别的吗?
Do I need a waistcoat or anything?
我需要背心或是别的什么吗?
You have to wear a jacket, but the hotel lends you that.
你还得穿件夹克,但酒店会借给你。
I see. Er, one last thing-I don't know what the starting date is.
我明白了。嗯,最后一件事一我不知道开始日期是几号。
Just a minute, I think it's sometime around the end of June.
我看一下。我想大概是在六月底的样子。
Yes, the 28th, in time for the summer.
是的,28号,正好是夏天。
That's great.
那太好了。
I'm available from the 10th.
我10号以后有空。
Oh good.
哦好。
Well, if you can call again you need to speak to the Service Manager.
如果你需要和服务部经理说话你可以再打个电话过来。
Her name's Jane Urwin, that's U-R-W-l-N, and she'll probably arrange to meet you.
她的名字叫Urwin,这是u-r-w-l-n,她可能会安排面试。
Okay.
好的。
And when's the best time to ring?
什么时候打电话比较好?
Could you call tomorrow?
你明天可以打电话吗?
Um, she usually starts checking the rooms at midday, so before then if you can, so she'll have more time to chat.
嗯,她通常中午开始检查房间,所以在那之前,你可以打电话给她,那么她会有更多时间聊天。
I'll just give you her number because she's got a direct line.
我会给你她的电话号码因为这样比较直接有效率。
Thanks.
谢谢。
It's 832 double-0 9.
832然后两个9。
823 double-0 9?
823然后两个9。
832.
832.
Oh, okay.
哦,好的,
Yes, I'll do that.
好的,我会打电话的。
And by the way, she will ask you for a reference, so you might like to be thinking about that.
顺便说一句,她可能会问你有没有证明人,所以你可能需要想一想。
You know, just someone who knows you and can vouch for you.
你知道的,就是认识你又能为你担保的人。
Yes, no problem.
好的,没问题。
Well, thanks very much for your help.
好的,非常感谢你的帮助。
You're welcome.
没关系。
Bye.
再见。
Bye.
再见。
Complete the table below:
Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS AND/OR A NUMBER for each answer.
Weather during the Little lce Age
Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS AND/OR A NUMBER for each answer.
|
Example Answer Newspaper advert for temporary staff |
Vacancies for Two shifts Can choose your (must be the same each week) Pay: £5.50 per hour, including a A is provided in the hotel Total weekly pay: £231 |
1. waiter|waiters|WAITER|WAITERS
2. day off|DAY OFF
3. break|BREAK
4. free meal|meal|FREE MEAL|MEAL
考生贡献解析
点击查看题目解析
当前解析由FHC提供
当前解析由FHC提供
当前解析由FHC提供
当前解析由FHC提供
当前解析由FHC提供
当前解析由FHC提供
当前解析由FHC提供
当前解析由FHC提供
当前解析由FHC提供
当前解析由FHC提供