原文已被隐藏,你可用 快捷键 - 或点击 显示原文 按钮来查看原文
第一段
1 .Excuse me, Dr.Johnson. May I speak to you for a minute?
对不起,约翰逊医生。我可以和你谈一分钟吗?
第二段
1 .Sure. Come in.
当然。进来。
第三段
1 .I'm Melanie Griffin.
我是梅兰妮格里芬。
2 .I'm taking your course in Population Studies.
我正在上你的人口研究课程。
第四段
1 .Right. Well, Melanie, how can I help you?
好的。哦,梅兰妮,我能为你效劳吗?
第五段
1 .I'm...having a bit of trouble with the second assignment, and it's due in twelve days.
我…对于第二次作业有一点麻烦,十二天之后就到期了。
第六段
1 .What sort of trouble are you having?
你有什么麻烦?
2 .Is the assignment question a problem?
作业布置的问题有麻烦?
第七段
1 .Well, that's part of the problem.
好吧,这是问题的一部分。
2 .I'm also having - been having - trouble getting hold of the books.
我再获取书籍上也遇到了麻烦。
3 .I've been to the library several times,and all the books are out.
我去过图书馆好几次了,所有的书都借掉了。
第八段
1 .Sounds like you should have started borrowing the books a bit earlier.
听起来你早该开始借一些书了。
第九段
1 .Well,I had a really big assignment due in for another course,and I've been spending all my time on that,and I thought…
嗯,在另外一门课上,我有一个非常大的作业,我已经花费了我所有的时间,我想…
第十段
1 ....You might get an extension of time to finish your assignment for me?
…对我的课来说,你可能会有一个延长的时间来完成你的任务?
第十一段
1 .If that's possible,but I don't know…
如果可能的话,但我不知道…
第十二段
1 .Well,yes,it's possible,but extensions are normally given only for medical or compassionate reasons.
嗯,是的,这是可能的,但延期通常只针对医疗或同情的原因
2 .Otherwise, it's really a question of organizing your study,and we don't like giving an extension to students who simply didn't plan the work properly.
否则它真的是如何安排学习的问题,我们也不想给那些不计划自己学习的学生延期。
3 .What did you get for your first assignment?
你第一次作业拿了多少分?
第十三段
1 .I got 87 per cent.
我有八十七分。
第十四段
1 .Mmm,yes, you did very well indeed.
嗯,是的,你确实很好
2 .So obviously you can produce good work.
所以你可以很好的完成工作。
第十五段
1 .I don't think I'll need too much extra time, as long as I can get hold of some of the important references.
我不认为我需要太多额外的时间,只要我能掌握一些重要的参考资料。
第十六段
1 .Well, since you did so well in your first assignment, I'm prepared to give you an extra two weeks for this one.
因为你在第一次任务中做得很好。我准备给你一个额外的2个星期
2 .So, that'll mean you need to submit it about a month from now.
这将意味着你需在一个月内提交作业。
第十七段
1 .Oh thank you.
谢谢。
第十八段
1 .Now,what about the reading materials?
现在,阅读材料呢?
2 .So you check out the journal articles in the list?
你有没有借到这篇文章的杂志?
第一十九段
1 .Umm, no, not yet.
嗯,还没有
2 .There were about twenty of them,and I wasn't sure which ones would be most useful or important.
大约有二十本,我不知道哪些是最有用的或重要的。
第二十段
1 .Well,they're all useful, but I don't expect anyone to read them all,because a number of them deal with the same issues.
好吧,他们都很有用,但我不期望任何人把这些都读完,因为当中很多篇文章是针对同一个话题的。
2 .Umm,let me give you some suggestions.
让我给你提些建议吧。
3 .The article by Anderson and Hawker is really worth reading.
安德森和霍克的文章值得一读。
第二十一段
1 .Right,I'll read that one.
对。我会读那一个。
第二十二段
1 .You should also read the article by Jackson, but just look at the part on the research methodology - how they did it.
你应该也看了杰克逊的文章,但只要看研究方法部分——他们是如何做到的。
第二十三段
1 .OK...Jackson, got that...
好的…杰克逊,知道了…
第二十四段
1 .And if you have time, the one by Roberts says very relevant things, although it's not essential.
如果你有时间的话,罗伯茨说的是非常相关的事情,虽然不是必要的。
第二十五段
1 .So, OK, if it's useful, I'll try and read that one...
那么,好吧,如果这是有用的。我试着读那一个…
第二十六段
1 .Now, the one by Morris.
现在,Morris的。
2 .I wouldn't bother with that at this stage, if I were you.
如果我是你的话,我就不会在这个阶段在意那个了。
第二十七段
1 .Ok, I won't bother with Morris.
好的,我不会再去管莫里斯。
2 .Oh, now, someone told me the article by Cooper is important.
哦,现在,有人告诉我库珀的文章是重要的。
第二十八段
1 .Well,yes,in a way,but just look at the last part,where he discusses the research results.
嗯,是的,在某种程度上,但只看最后一部分,他讨论了研究结果。
第二十九段
1 .And lastly,there's Forster.
最后,还有福斯特——
2 .I can't think why I included that one.
我想不明白为什么我包括了那个。
3 .It's not bad and could be of some help,but not that much.
这不是坏事,能有些帮助,但不多。
第一段
1 .Now let's deal with the assignment question.
现在,让我们来处理作业的问题吧。
2 .What's the problem there?
那里的问题是什么?
第二段
1 .It's the graph from page 2.
这是第二页的图。
第三段
1 .What seems to be the problem?
什么问题?
2 .It's just the bar graph showing reasons why people change where they live.
这只是条形图,显示了人们改变他们生活地点的原因。
第四段
1 .Well,I've got a photocopy but the reasons at the bottom are missing.
好。我有一份复印件,但底部的原因是缺少的。
第五段
1 .Ah,Ok. Look at the first bar on the graph.
噢,好的。先看看图上的第一条
2 .Now that indicates the number of people who move because they want more space.
现在这说明了移动的人的数量,因为他们想要更多的空间。
第六段
1 .Oh, I see...bar one.
哦,我明白了…第一条线。
2 .OK...Now what about the next bar?
好…那下一条线呢?
第七段
1 .Bar two is to do with the people living nearby disturbing them,so they chose to move away to somewhere quieter.
第二条线是关于的附近居民的干扰他们,所以他们选择了搬到一个安静点。
2 .Now let's look at bar No.3...
现在让我们看一下线三
3 .Another reason people change their place of living is because they want to be closer to the city.
人们改变生活的另一个原因是因为他们想靠近城市。
第八段
1 .Ok.Proximity to the city is an issue.
好的。接近城市是一个问题…
第九段
1 .Now...bar No.4 refers to problems when the owner of the property won't help fix things that go wrong.
现在…线四指产权人不会帮助修理东西的问题。
2 .In other words, the owner is not helpful and so the tenants move out.
换句话说,业主是没有帮助的,所以租户迁出。
第十段
1 .OK...Now what about Bar 5?
好的…现在线五怎么样?
第十一段
1 .Bar 5 is about those people who move because they need a bus or train to get them into the city or to go to work.
五是关于那些搬家的人,因为他们需要一辆公共汽车或火车,让他们进入城市,或者去上班。
第十二段
1 .Ok...And Bar 6?
好的…和线六?
第十三段
1 .Bar No.6 is interesting.
线六是有趣的。
2 .That reason was given quite a lot.
这理由很多——
3 .People move in because they wanted to be in a more attractive neighbourhood.
人们搬家时因为他们希望能在更有吸引力的邻里。
第十四段
1 .Oh,yes,thank you very much.
噢,是的,非常感谢。