始终显示原文
小黑人

欢迎使用考满分精听听写

截止昨天,已经有 66907 同学完成了 334 次的练习

开始练习 查看新手引导

原文已被隐藏,你可用 快捷键 - 或点击 显示原文 按钮来查看原文

第一段

1 .Oh good morning.

早上好,

2 .You must be James.

你一定是James吧,

3 .I'm Beth Cartwright - please call me Beth.

我是Beth Cartwright,你可以叫我Beth。好的,

第二段

1 .Thank you.

谢谢。

第三段

1 .Now as this is your first tutorial since you started on the Scandinavian Studies course,

鉴于这是你开始学习斯堪的纳维亚研究课程的第一次指导课,

2 .I'd like to find out something about you.

我想了解一下你的情况。

3 .Why did you decide to take this course?

你为什么决定要学习这门课程?

第四段

1 .Well. my mother is Danish, and although we always lived in England,

我的妈妈是丹麦人,虽然我们一直住在英格兰,

2 .she used to talk about her home a lot, and that made me want to visit Denmark.

但她常常谈到她的家乡,那让我想去丹麦看看。

3 .We hardly ever did, though - my mother usually went on her own.

不过我们从来没一起去过,我妈妈通常是一个人去。

4 .But whenever her relations or friends were in England they always came to see us.

但无论什么时候,只要她的亲戚或是朋友在英格兰,他们总是会来看我们。

第五段

1 .I see. So I assume you already speak Danish. one of the languages you'll be studying

我了解了。那我想你已经会说丹麦语了吧,这是你将要学习的一门语言。

第六段

1 .I can get by when I talk to people, though I'm not terribly accurate.

跟人们聊天还过得去,但不是特别准确。

第七段

1 .Now you probably know that you'll spend the third year of the course abroad.

你可能已经知道课程的第三年是在国外度过的。

2 .Have you had any thoughts about that?

关于这一点你有什么想法?

第八段

1 .I'm really looking forward to it.

我很期待。

2 .And although Denmark seems the obvious place to go, because of my family connections,

虽然因为家庭的关系,丹麦看起来是很明显的选择,

3 .I'd love to spend the time in Iceland.

但是我想去冰岛度过这一年。

第九段

1 .Oh, I'm sure it can be arranged.

嗯,我相信这个可以安排。

2 .Do you have any plans for when you graduate?

毕业后有什么计划吗?

3 .A lot of students go on to take a master's degree.

很多学生会继续读一个硕士学位。

第十段

1 .I think the four years of the undergraduate course will be enough for me.

我想四年的本科课程对我来说已经足够了。

2 .I'm interested in journalism,

我对新闻业感兴趣,

3 .and I quite like the idea of moving to Scandinavia and writing for magazines.

很想搬去斯堪的纳维亚,为杂志撰稿。

4 .I'd find that more creative than translating,

我觉得这比翻译更具创造性,

5 .which I suppose most graduates do.

我想大部分毕业生毕业后都会做翻译吧。

第十一段

1 .OK. Now how are you finding the courses you're taking this term, James?

好的,这学期要学的课程你觉得怎么样?

第十二段

1 .Well, I'm really enjoying the one on Swedish cinema.

我非常喜欢瑞典电影这门课。

第十三段

1 .That'll continue next term,

这门课下学期还会有,

2 .but the one on Scandinavian literature that's running at the moment will be replaced by more specialised courses.

但目前还在上的斯堪的纳维亚文学课程会被更加细分的课程取代。

3 .Oh, and by the way,

顺便提一下,

4 .if you're interested in watching Danish televison programmes - there's going to be a course on that the term after next.

如果你对丹麦电视节目感兴趣,下下学期会有一门相关的课。

第十四段

1 .That sounds good.

听起来不错。

第十五段

1 .Have you started thinking about the literature paper that you have to write in the next few weeks?

你已经开始构思接下来几个星期要写的有关斯堪的纳维亚文学的论文了吗?

第十六段

1 .Yes, my first choice would be to do something on the Icelandic sagas.

是的,我的首选是写有关冰岛传奇故事的东西。

第十七段

1 .Hmm.The trouble with that is that a lot of people choose that topic,

嗯,这么做的问题是很多人都选择了这个主题,

2 .and it can be difficult to get hold of the books you'll need.

而且要找到你需要的书可能会有困难。

3 .Why not leave that for another time?

为什么不把它留到以后再写呢?

第十八段

1 .Right.

对。

第一十九段

1 .You might find modem novels or 19th century playwrights interesting.

你或许会发现现代小说或是19世纪的戏剧都很有趣。

第二十段

1 .I've read or seen several plays in translation, so that would be a good idea.

我已经读过或是看到过好几部戏剧译著,所以这是个好思路。

第二十一段

1 .Fine. I'll put you down for that topic.

好的,我会记下你选择了这个主题。

第二十二段

1 .Right. So what would you advise me to aim at in the paper?

好的。那您建议我的论文聚焦什么呢?

第二十三段

1 .First I suggest you avoid taking one writer and going into a great deal of detail.

首先我建议你不要选了一个作者就对其太过详述。

2 .That approach certainly has its place,

这种方法当然有它的道理,

3 .but I think you first need to get an understanding of the literature in the context of the society in which it was produced - who it was written for,

但我认为你首先应该在作品产生的社会背景下对它有所了解,它是为谁写的

4 .how it was published, and so on.

怎么出版的等等。

5 .I also think that's more fruitful than placing it within the history of the genre.

同时,我认为这样做比把它置于该类风格作品的历史中更有成效。

第二十四段

1 .OK, that sounds reasonable.

嗯,感觉很有道理。

第一段

1 .Could I ask for some advice about writing the paper I'm working on about the Vikings?

我正在写一篇关于维京人的论文,您能给我一些建议吗?

2 .I have to do that this week, and I'm a bit stuck.

这周我就得写好,但是现在有点卡壳。

第二段

1 .Of course.

当然可以

2 .Have you decided yet what to write about?

你决定了要写些什么吗?

第三段

1 .No, I haven't.

不,还没有。

2 .There's so much that seems interesting - Viking settlement in other countries, trade, mythology ...

有很多看起来有趣的东西,维京人在其他国家的定居,贸易,神话等等。

第四段

1 .Well, what I suggest is that you read an assignment a student wrote last year,

我建议你去看一下去年一位学生写的文章,

2 .which is kept in the library.

它就在图书管里。

3 .It's short and well focused,

那篇文章很短而且主题明确,

4 .and I'm sure you'll find it helpful.

我相信你会发现它很有用的。

5 .I'll give you the details in a moment.

等一下我告诉你关于那篇文章的细节。

6 .Textbooks usually cover so many topics, it can be very difficult to choose just one.

课本通常涵盖了很多主题,很难仅从中选择一个。

第五段

1 .OK.I've got a DVD of the film about the Vikings that came out earlier this year.

好的。我有今年早些时候发行的关于维京人的电影的DVD。

2 .Should I watch that again?

我应该再看一遍吗?

第六段

1 .If it's the one I am thinking of, hmm, I'd ignore it - it's more fantasy than reality.

如果是我想到的那一部,还是忽略它吧 - 那部电影更像是虚构的,而不是现实。

2 .But I've got a recording of a documentary that you should watch.

不过我有一份你该看的纪录片的录音。

3 .It makes some interesting and provocative points,

它提出了一些有趣且具有挑动性的观点,

4 .which I think will help you to focus your topic.

我认为会帮助你聚焦主题。

第七段

1 .Right.

好的。

第八段

1 .So then should I work out an outline?

那接下来我要整理出一个提纲?

第九段

1 .Yes.

是的

2 .Just headings for different sections. at this stage.

目前这个阶段只要有各个部分的标题就行了。

3 .And then you should start looking for suitable articles and books to draw on,

然后你应该开始搜索一些用于参考的合适的文章和书籍,标记下来,

4 .and take notes which you organise according to those headings.

并根据拟好的标题整理好。

第十段

1 .I see.

我知道了。

第十一段

1 .Then put short phrases and sentences as bullet points under each heading.

再在每个标题下写下作为重点的短语和句子。

2 .Make sure that this skeleton makes sense and flows properly,

要确保文章的脉络合理,且推进得自然。

3 .before writing up the paper in full.

在写完整的论文之前

第十二段

1 .OK. Thanks, that's very helpful.

好的,谢谢您,您的建议很有帮助。