始终显示原文
小黑人

欢迎使用考满分精听听写

截止昨天,已经有 66907 同学完成了 334 次的练习

开始练习 查看新手引导

原文已被隐藏,你可用 快捷键 - 或点击 显示原文 按钮来查看原文

第一段

1 .Erm . hello Professor, I'm John Wishart.

呃…教授您好,我是约翰·威沙特。

2 .I'm working on my entry for the Global Design Competition.

我正在为了能进入全球设计大赛项而努力。

3 .My tutor said you might be able to help me with it.

我的导师说你也许能帮助我。

第二段

1 .Ah, yes, I got a copy of your drawings.

嗯,是的。我收到了你的图纸的副本。

2 .Come in and tell me about it.

进来吧,跟我讲以讲。

3 .What sort of competition is it?

这是个什么样的比赛呢?

第三段

1 .Well, it's an international design competition and we have to come up with a new design for a typical domestic kitchen appliance.

嗯,这是一个国际设计大赛,我们必须为典型的家庭厨房电器想出一个新的设计。

第四段

1 .I see, and are there any special conditions? Does it have to save energy for example?

我明白了,有没有什么特别的条件?比如说是否有节约能源?

第五段

1 .Actually that was the focus in last year's competition.

其实那是在去年竞赛的点。

2 .This year's different.We have to adopt an innovative approach to existing technology, using it in a way that hasn't been thought of before.

今年的不同。我们必须采取一种创新的方法在现有的技术之上,是一种之前完全没有被想到过的方式。

第六段

1 .I see, that sounds tricky.

我明白了,这听起来非常棘手。

2 .And what kitchen appliance have you chosen?

而你选择了什么样的厨房电器呢?

第七段

1 .Well, I decided to choose the dishwasher.

嗯,我选择了洗碗机。

第八段

1 .Interesting, what made you choose that?

有趣,是什么让你选择了它?

第九段

1 .Well, they're an everyday kitchen appliance in most Australian houses but they're all pretty boring and almost identical to each other.

嗯,他们是大多数澳大利亚的房子中都会有的日常厨房用具,但他们都是很无聊的,也几乎外形都相同。

2 .I think some people will be prepared to pay a little extra for something that looks different.

我想有些人会愿意多支付一点点额外的钱使其看起来不一样。

第十段

1 .That's a nice idea.

这是一个不错的主意。

2 .I see you've called your design 'the Rockpool'; why is that?

我看到你叫你的设计“Rockpool”,这是为什么?

第十一段

1 .Basically because it looks like the rock pools you find on a beach.

基本上是因为它看起来像你在海滩上找到的岩石池。

2 .The top is made of glass so that you can look down into it.

顶部是玻璃做的,这样你可以看到里面的东西。

第十二段

1 .And there's a stone at the bottom.

还有一个石头在底部。

2 .Is that just for decoration?

仅仅是为了装饰吗?

第十三段

1 .Actually it does have a function.

其实它有一个功能。

2 .Instead of pushing a button, you turn the stone.

代替按下一个按钮来开启机器,而是用石头。

第十四段

1 .So it's really just a novel way of starting the dishwasher.

所以这是一种新颖的方式来开启洗碗机。

第十五段

1 .That's right.

是的。

第十六段

1 .It's a really nice design, but what makes it innovative?

这是一个非常不错的设计,但是什么使得它很创新?

第十七段

1 .Well, I decided to make a dishwasher that uses carbon dioxide.

嗯,我决定制作一个使用二氧化碳工作的洗碗机。

第十八段

1 .In place of water and detergent?

在放水和洗涤剂的地方?

2 .How will you manage that?

你将如何处理呢?

第一十九段

1 .The idea is to pressurise the carbon dioxide so that it becomes a liquid.

我们的想法是加压二氧化碳,使之成为液体。

2 .The fluid is then released into the dishwasher where it cleans the dishes all by itself.

然后,流体被释放到在那里清洗碗机里,就是所有的盘子自己清洗自己的地方。

第二十段

1 .Sounds like a brilliant idea! Your system will totally do away with the need for strong detergents.

听起来是个好主意!你的系统将不再需要强大的清洁剂。

2 .So what happens once the dishes are clean?

所以那些个干净的盘子会怎么样呢?

第二十一段

1 .Well, to allow them to dry, the liquid carbon dioxide and the waste materials all go to an area called the holding chamber.

嗯,让他们干,液态二氧化碳和废料都去到一个叫做holding chamber的区域。

2 .That's where the liquid is depressurised and so it reverts to a gas.

在那里会将液体减压,使它恢复为气体。

3 .Then the oil and grease are separated out and sent to the waste system.

然后将油和油脂被分离出来并传送到废料处理系统。

第二十二段

1 .It sounds like you've thought it all out very thoroughly.

听起来像是你将这一切都想的非常全面了。

2 .So, what happens to the carbon dioxide once the process is complete?

那么一旦这个过程完成了以后二氧化碳会怎么样呢?

3 .Not wasted I hope.

我希望不要浪费掉。

第二十三段

1 .Actually, that's where the real savings are made.

事实上,这也正是真正的节约。

2 .The carbon dioxide is sent back to the cylinder and can be used again and again.

二氧化碳会被发送回气缸和可反复使用。

第二十四段

1 .What a terrific idea.

真是个了不起的想法。

2 .Do you think it will ever be built?

你认为这个是永远不会被设计出来的吗?

第二十五段

1 .Probably not, but that's OK.

应该不是,但没关系。

第二十六段

1 .Well, I'm sure a lot of positive things will come out of your design.

嗯,我敢肯定一定会有很多积极的东西在你的设计完成之后。

第一段

1 .Now, you seem to have thought about everything so what exactly did you need me to help you with?

现在,你似乎把一切都想清楚了,那你究竟需要我帮你什么呢?现在,你似乎把一切都想清楚了,那你究竟需要我帮你什么呢?

第二段

1 .Well, my design has made it to the final stage of the competition and, in a few months' time. I have to give a presentation, and that's the part I was hoping you could help me with.

嗯,我的设计再过几个月已经到了竞赛的最后阶段,我需要做一个演讲,在这个部分我需要得到你的帮助。

第三段

1 .Right, well that should be easy enough.

好的,这应该很容易。

2 .What have you managed to do so far?

你现在打算做什么呢?

第四段

1 .Well, I've got detailed drawings to show how it will work and I've also written a 500- word paper on it.

嗯,我有详细的图纸来显示它是如何工作的,我也写一篇500字的论文。

第五段

1 .I see.

我明白了。

2 .Well, if you want to stand a good chance of winning you really need a model of the machine.

好吧,如果你想有一个赢的机会你真正需要的是一个机器模型。

第六段

1 .Yes, I thought I might but I'm having a few problems.

是的,我想我可能会,但我有几个问题。

第七段

1 .What is the main difficulty so far?

现在为止最困难的是什么?

2 .Let me guess - is it the materials?

让我猜猜,是它的材料?

第八段

1 .Yes.

是的。

2 .I want it to look professional but everything that's top quality is also very expensive.

我希望它看起来专业一些,但是所有的高质量的材料也都非常昂贵。

第九段

1 .Look, projects like this are very important to us. They really help lift our profile.

你看,像这样的项目对我们来说是非常重要。他们真的有帮助我们提高生活质量。

2 .So why don't you talk to the university about a grant?

那么你为什么不去和学习谈谈,看看是否能获得一笔拨款?

3 .I can help you fill out the application forms if you like.

如果你想要的话,我可以帮你填写申请表。

第十段

1 .That would be great.

那就太好了。

第十一段

1 .You'd better show me this paper you've written as well.

你最好把已经写好的论文也给我看看。

2 .For a global competition such as this you need to make sure the technical details you've given are accurate and thorough.

对于一个像这样的全球性的竞赛,你需要确保所有的技术细节都很准确并全面。

第十二段

1 .That would be a great help.

这对我将是一个很大的帮助。

第十三段

1 .Is there anything else I can do?

还有什么我可以做的吗?

第十四段

1 .Well, I'm really .

嗯,我真的…