原文已被隐藏,你可用 快捷键 - 或点击 显示原文 按钮来查看原文
第一段
1 .Hello?
你好?
第二段
1 .Hi, Susie, it's Paul here. How are you?
嗨,Susie,我是 Paul. 最近怎么样?
2 .Enjoying your new job?
喜欢你的新工作吗?
3 .You're working at the library, aren't you?
你是在图书馆工作,是吧?
第三段
1 .Yes. I started when the library re-opened a month ago.
是的,一个月前图书馆重新开馆时我开始在这工作的,
2 .It's great.
图书馆很棒。
第四段
1 .Actually Carol and I have been meaning to join for a while.
实际上 Carol 和我想来这已经有一段时间了。
第五段
1 .Oh, you should.
嗯,你们应该来的。
2 .It doesn't cost anything,
不需要花钱,
3 .and the new library has all sorts of facilities.
而且新图书馆有各种各样的设施。
4 .It's not just a place where you borrow books.
它不仅仅是一个借书的地方。
5 .For instance, there's an area with comfortable seats where you can sit and read the magazines they have there.
比如说,馆内有一片区域有很舒服的位子可以坐,还可以看那儿的杂志。
6 .Some people spend the whole morning there.
有的人整个早上都在那。
第六段
1 .Mmm.Wish I had that amount of time to spend!
嗯,真希望我也有那么多时间。
第七段
1 .Yes. you must be pretty busy at present,
哦,你现在一定很忙吧,
2 .with the children and everything?
忙着照顾孩子什么的。
第八段
1 .We are. yes.
嗯,是的。
2 .But we're hoping to get away this summer.
不过我们希望这个夏天能出去度假。
3 .We're thinking of going to Greece.
我们正考虑去希腊。
第九段
1 .Well, we've got a much larger section of the library devoted to travel books now,
嗯,我们图书馆用于陈列旅游书籍的部分比以前大了很多,
2 .so you should come and have a look.
你可以过来看看。
3 .I can't remember if there's anything specifically on Greece, but I should think so.
我不记得有没有专门讲希腊的书,但我想应该有。
第十段
1 .OK. Now Carol's organising a project for the history class she teaches at school - It's about life in the town a hundred years ago.
好的。Carol 目前正在为她在学校教的历史课组织一个活动,是关于100年前这个城市的生活的。
2 .Do you have anything that might be useful?
你那有没有什么有用的资料?
第十一段
1 .Yes, actually we've now got a new section with materials on the history of the town
有的,事实上我们图书馆新开辟了一个部分,用于陈列这座城市及其
2 .and surrounding region.
周边区域的历史资料。
第十二段
1 .Right. I'll tell her.
好的,我会告诉她的。
2 .You can't always find that sort of thing on the internet.
你并一定总能在网上找到这些东西。
3 .Now in the old library there used to be a separate room with reference books.
过去,在老图书馆里有一个单独的屋子存放参考书。
4 .It was a really nice quiet room.
那真是一个又安静又好的地方。
第十三段
1 .Yes. We've put those books in the main part of the library now,
是的,我们如今把那些书放在图书馆主馆,
2 .but we do have a room called the community room.
不过我们现在也有一个叫做社区用室的屋子。
3 .It can be hired out for meetings, but at other times people can use it to study.
它可以被租出去用于开会,其他时候人们可以在里面学习。
第十四段
1 .I might use that.
或许我会去那儿学习。
2 .It's hard to find anywhere quiet at home sometimes.
有的时候想在家找到个安静的地方很难。
第十五段
1 .I can't remember how old your son and daughter are ...
我不记得你的儿子、女儿多大了。
2 .we've introduced a special section of fiction written specially for teenagers,
我们开辟了一个专为青少年写的小说的单元,
3 .but they might be a bit young for that?
但他们可能还是小了一点。
第十六段
1 .Yes, they would be.
是的,他们还小。
第一段
1 .Well, we do have lots of activities for younger children.
嗯,我们有很多针对年纪较小的孩子的活动。
第二段
1 .Yes?
是吗?
第三段
1 .For example we have a Science Club.
比如说我们有一个“科学俱乐部”。
2 .At the next meeting,
该句暂无译文!
3 .they're going to be doing experiments with stuff that everyone has in the kitchen - sugar and flour and so on.
孩子们会利用每家厨房里都有的东西--糖、面粉等做实验。
第四段
1 .They might be interested, yes.
在俱乐部的下次会面上
第五段
1 .And we have a competition for children called Reading Challenge.
我们还有一个比赛叫做“阅读挑战”。
2 .That doesn't begin until after the end of term.
这个比赛要到学期末过后才开始。
3 .They have to read six books, and they get a certificate if they manage it.
他们要读完六本书,如果做到了的话就能得到一个证书。
第六段
1 .So that gives them something to do while they're on holiday, instead of getting bored.
这样他们假期就有事做而不会无聊了。
第七段
1 .That's the idea.
嗯,就是这么想的。
2 .And there's special activities for adults too.
图书馆也有针对成年人的特别活动。
3 .On Friday we have a local author called Tanya Streep who's going to be talking about her new novel.
星期五,我们邀请了本地作家Tanya Streep来谈谈她的最新小说。
4 .It's called 'Catch the Mouse' and she based the story on a crime that actually took place here years ago.
小说名叫‘Catch the Mouse’,里面的故事是基于一个很多年前在这里发生的一起犯罪事件。
第八段
1 .Right. We're not free on Friday,
嗯,我们周五没空,
2 .but I'll look out for the book.
不过我会找找这本小说。
第九段
1 .Now this probably isn't for you,
还有一个活动可能不适合你,
2 .but we do have IT support available for members.
针对会员我们推出了信息技术支持。
3 .We get quite a few older people coming along who are wanting to get up to speed with computer technology.
有不少老人过来,想要跟上电脑技术的发展。
4 .It's on Tuesday mornings - they don't need to make an appointment or anything, they just turn up.
这个活动是在星期二上午,他们不需要事先约定,到时候自然就来了。
第十段
1 .Well, my mother might be interested, I'll let her know.
嗯,我母亲或许会感兴趣,我会告诉她的。
第十一段
1 .OK.And there's another service which you wouldn't expect from a library,
好。还有一个活动你可能想不到图书馆会有,
2 .which is a a free medical check-up.
那就是免费的医疗检查。
3 .The hospital arranges for someone to come along and measure the level of sugar in your blood,
医院安排了人过来,可以测血糖
4 .and they check cholesterol levels at the same time.
同时他们还会检测胆固醇水平。
第十二段
1 .Really?
真的吗?
第十三段
1 .Yes,but that's only for the over-60s, so you wouldn't qualify.
是的,不过这项服务仅提供给60岁以上的人,所以你不能参与。
第十四段
1 .OK. Well, I'll tell my mother, she might be interested.
好的,我会告诉我妈,她也许会有兴趣。
第十五段
1 .What other information…
至于别的什么信息嘛!
2 .well, we do have a little shop with things like wallcharts and greetings cards,
哦,我们还有一个小商店卖挂图、贺卡之类的东西,
3 .and also stamps so you can post the cards straightaway, which is really useful.
还有邮票,很有用,你可以在那直接把卡片寄出去。
第十六段
1 .Yeah. Well, I'll bring the children round at the weekend and we'll join.
好的,周末我会带孩子们过来,我们要加入进来。
2 .Oh, one more hing - I'll be bringing the car, is there parking available?
哦,还有一件事,我会开车过来,图书馆有停车的地方吗?
第十七段
1 .Yes, and it's free in the evening and at weekends.
有的,而且在晚上和周末免费。
第十八段
1 .Perfect.Well, thanks, Susie see you…
完美。好的,谢谢你,Susie. 再见...