始终显示原文
小黑人

欢迎使用考满分精听听写

截止昨天,已经有 66907 同学完成了 334 次的练习

开始练习 查看新手引导

原文已被隐藏,你可用 快捷键 - 或点击 显示原文 按钮来查看原文

第一段

1 .Joe, you know I'm giving a presentation in our film studies class next week?

Joe,你知道我要在咱们下周的电影研究课上做汇报吗?

第二段

1 .Yes.

知道。

第三段

1 .Well, could we discuss it?

我们能讨论一下吗?

2 .I could do with getting someone else's opinion.

我想听听别人的意见。

第四段

1 .Of course,Katie.

当然可以,

2 .What are you going to talk about?

你要讲的是什么呢?

第五段

1 .It's about film adaptations of Shakespeare's plays.

讲的是莎士比亚戏剧的电影改编。

2 .I've got very interested in all the different approaches that film directors take.

我对电影导演采用的不同改编方法很感兴趣。

第六段

1 .Uhuh.

嗯。

第七段

1 .So I thought I'd start with Giannetti,

我想从 Giannetti 开始,

2 .who's a professor of film and literature,

他是一位电影和文学教授,

3 .and in one of his books he came up with a straightforward classification of film adaptations based on how faithful they are to the original plays and novels.

在他的一本书中,他基于电影对原剧本和小说的忠实程度提出了一种电影改编的直接分类方法。

第八段

1 .Right.

嗯。

第九段

1 .I've already made some notes on that,

关于这些我已经做了一些笔记,

2 .so I just need to sort those out before the presentation.

所以我只需要在汇报前整理清楚就行。

3 .I thought that next I'd ask the class to come up with the worst examples of Shakespeare adaptations that they've seen, and to say why.

接下来我会在班上问大家看过哪些最糟糕的莎士比亚戏剧改编电影,并问问大家为什么。

4 .That should be more fun than having their favourite versions.

这应该比问看过最好的是哪些要有趣。

第十段

1 .Yes,I can certainly think of a couple!

是的,我一定能想出几部来。

第十一段

1 .Right. Next I want to talk about Rachel Malchow.

嗯,再接下来我想谈谈 Rachel Malchow.

2 .I came across something on the internet about her work on film adaptations,

我在网上偶然看到过一些东西,是有关她关于电影改编的作品的。

3 .and I was thinking of showing some film clips to illustrate her ideas.

我想到时候放一些电影片段来阐述她的想法。

第十二段

1 .Will you have enough time, though?

过你有足够的时间吗?

2 .Both to prepare and during the presentation?

除了准备材料,还有汇报期间的时间够吗?

3 .After all, I doubt if you'll be able to find all the clips you want.

我终究还是怀疑你能不能找到你想要的所有的电影片段。

第十三段

1 .Hmm. Perhaps you're right.

嗯,也许你是对的。

2 .OK, well, I'd better do some slides instead,

那我最好做一些幻灯片来代替,

3 .saying how various films relate to what she says.

讲一讲不同的电影是怎么跟她所说的联系起来的。

4 .That should encourage discussion.

这应该会对大家的讨论起到鼓励作用。

第十四段

1 .Mmm.

嗯。

第十五段

1 .Next I want to say something about how plays may be chosen for adaptation because They're concerned with issues of the time when the film is made.

接下来我想谈谈戏剧是如何因为与电影制作时的某些事件产生联系而被选中进行改编的。

第十六段

1 .You mean things like patriotism, or the role of governments?

你是说比如爱国主义或是政府角色之类的东西?

第十七段

1 .Exactly.

是的,

2 .It's quite tricky,

这很复杂,

3 .but I've got a few ideas I'd like to discuss.

但是我已经有了几个想要讨论的想法。

第一段

1 .And finally I want to talk about a few adaptations that I think illustrate a range of approaches,

最后我想谈谈几部我认为阐释了一些列改编方法的改编电影,

2 .and make some comments on them.

并对它们做一些评论。

3 .Do you know the Japanese film Ran?

你知道那部日本电影 Ran 吗?

第二段

1 .I haven't seen it.

我没看过,

2 .It was based on Shakespeare's King Lear, wasn't it?

它是根据莎士比亚的李尔王改编的是吗?

第三段

1 .That's right. It was a very loose adaptation,

是的。那是一个非常自由的改编,

2 .using the same situation and story.

使用了同样的情节和故事,

3 .But moving it to 16th century Japan instead of 16th century Britain.

不过把它们搬到了16世纪的日本,而不是16世纪的英国。

4 .So for example the king's daughters become sons,

所以原剧中国王的女儿变成了儿子,

5 .because in Japanese culture at that time,

因为在那时的日本文化中,

6 .women couldn't succeed to the throne.

女性是不能继承王位的。

第四段

1 .OK. I hope you're going to talk about the 1993 film of Much Ado About Nothing.

嗯。我希望你能谈谈1993年的那部 Much Ado About Nothing.

2 .I think that's one of the best Shakespeare films.

我认为那是最好的莎士比亚戏剧改编电影之一。

3 .It really brings the play to life, doesn't it?

它真正地赋予了那出剧生命力,对吧?

第五段

1 .Yes, I agree.

对,我同意。

2 .And I think filming it in ltaly,

而且我认为在意大利拍摄,

3 .where the play is set,

也就是原剧设定的地点,

4 .makes you see what life was like at the time of the play.

能让人看到创作该剧时人们的生活是什么样的。

第六段

1 .Absolutely.

绝对是。

2 .Right, what's next?

那接下来呢?

第七段

1 .Er, next, I thought Romeo & Juliet. the 1996 film,

呃,接下来,我想谈谈1996年的电影--Romeo And Juliet,

2 .which moves the action into the present day.

这部电影把故事背景移到了现代。

第八段

1 .Yes,it worked really well, I thought - changing the two feuding families in the original to two competing business empires,

是的,将原剧中两个不和的家族改编为两个相互竞争的商业帝国,

2 .even though they're speaking in the English of the original play.

即使他们说的还是原剧里的英语,我也认为这样做非常棒。

第九段

1 .You'd expect it would sound really bizarre,

你会预期到那听起来会很奇怪,

2 .but I found I soon got used to it.

不过我发现我很快就习惯了。

第十段

1 .Me too.

我也是。

第十一段

1 .Then I thought I'd include a real Hollywood film,

然后我想我会讲一部真正的好莱坞电影,

2 .one that's intended to appeal to a mass commercial audience.

一部想要吸引大量观众的商业电影。

第十二段

1 .There must be quite a number of those.

这种电影一定有很多。

第十三段

1 .Yes, but I've picked the 1996 film of Hamlet.

是的,但是我已经选了1996年的 Hamlet.

2 .It included every line of the text,

这部电影包含了原剧里的所有台词,

3 .But it's more like a typical action hero movie - there are loads of special effects, but no unifying interpretation of the play.

不过它更像是一部典型的动作英雄电影,有很多的特效,但是没有对原剧的统一的解读。

第十四段

1 .All show and no substance.

华而不实。

第十五段

1 .Exactly.

是的。

2 .Then there's Prospero's Books, based on The Tempest.

然后就是 Prospero's Books,根据 The Tempest 改编的。

3 .That was really innovative, from a stylistic point of view.

从风格角度来说,这部电影真的很有创新性。

第十六段

1 .Didn't it include dance and singing and animation, as well as live actors?

这部电影里是不是既有舞蹈、唱歌、动画,又有真实的演员啊?

第十七段

1 .Yes it did.

是的。

2 .I also want to mention Looking for Richard.

我还想提一下 Looking for Richard,

3 .Did you ever see it?

你有看过吗?

第十八段

1 .No. but I've read about it.

没有,但我读到过相关的东西。

2 .It was a blend of a documentary with a few scenes from Richard Ill. wasn't it?

它是纪录片和 Richard III 中几个场景的结合,是吧?

第一十九段

1 .That's right.

对。

2 .It's more a way of looking into how people nowadays connect with the playwright - the play is really just the starting point.

这次汇报更像是在观察现在的人们是如何跟剧作家联系在一起的,戏剧正是这一切的起点。

3 .And that'll be where I finish.

我的汇报就到这结束。

第二十段

1 .Well, it sounds as though it'll be very interesting.

嗯,听起来像是会很有趣的样子。